Plumbing in the Home/well pump

I a replacing my well pump it is frozen i am told that i only have 8 to 10 ft of water and that it  burn out my pump is this true ? i have a 3/4 hp submericalbe pump is there some thing that i can put in the line that when there is no water the pump will cut off

I don't know if you have a cistern or a well, but if your worried about the pump running dry, Franklin makes a device called the Pumptec which will protect the pump in the event the water gets drawn down to the pumps inlet.  You can read about it here:

Plumbing in the Home

Bob Tabor

I am a Water Well Driller and Water Pump technician. I own a business in Riverview, Fl. We repair motors and pumps in shop and in the field. We repair and replace submersible and jet pumps, galvanized and bladder tanks, and their controls. Water filtration is another one of our specialties.

I started drilling and repairing wells and pumps with my dad in 1958 at the age of 13 years. I worked with him on weekends and in the summer when not in school. After graduating high school, I worked for my Dad until going into the Army in 1968. I spent three years in the Army then went back into the Well Drilling/Repair field.

Many Forums including my own.

High school and a few courses after getting out of the Army. They were offered on the GI Bill.