Plumbing in the Home/air in water lines

I am on a well and have just replaced the bladder tank and the watersoftener about a month ago.  I am noticing small amounts of air in the lines and am trying to figure out where it is coming from. I'm suspecting the water softener is doing this when it cycles but I haven't been able to pin it down to it's cycle.  What are your thoughts about this new annoyance?

Even if the softener were pulling air from the brine tube, the air would stay in the top of the tank and not come out until the next backwash.  If the air leak was bad enough that it would be noticeable; you wouldn't have soft water because the unit couldn't draw brine.

To go any further, I would need to know a lot more about your system.

Plumbing in the Home

Bob Tabor

I am a Water Well Driller and Water Pump technician. I own a business in Riverview, Fl. We repair motors and pumps in shop and in the field. We repair and replace submersible and jet pumps, galvanized and bladder tanks, and their controls. Water filtration is another one of our specialties.

I started drilling and repairing wells and pumps with my dad in 1958 at the age of 13 years. I worked with him on weekends and in the summer when not in school. After graduating high school, I worked for my Dad until going into the Army in 1968. I spent three years in the Army then went back into the Well Drilling/Repair field.

Many Forums including my own.

High school and a few courses after getting out of the Army. They were offered on the GI Bill.