Plumbing in the Home/water pressure tank

I have a surface well outdoors, the blue pressure tank in my basement is set to 40/60 pressure but when we use the water or flush the toilet the tank keeps turning on and off continuously for about 5 minutes then turns off. It has never done this before and not sure whats going on with it, and a few times I have gone down to do laundry and it looks like the blue tank might be leaking because I find water around the floor but don't see any leaks.

It sounds like your tank is waterlogged.  This means the bladder has ruptured and it has filled up with water.  This condition is very hard on your pump motor and will eventually cause it to fail.  

Big box stores are a terrible place to buy tanks.  So if it is bad, try to buy a quality tank.  Either Well X Trol or Flexcon are good tanks.  Zilmet is also a good tank.  This is what I sell.

Check this link on tanks on my website:
Browse down to Bladder tank how to and why.

Plumbing in the Home

Bob Tabor

I am a Water Well Driller and Water Pump technician. I own a business in Riverview, Fl. We repair motors and pumps in shop and in the field. We repair and replace submersible and jet pumps, galvanized and bladder tanks, and their controls. Water filtration is another one of our specialties.

I started drilling and repairing wells and pumps with my dad in 1958 at the age of 13 years. I worked with him on weekends and in the summer when not in school. After graduating high school, I worked for my Dad until going into the Army in 1968. I spent three years in the Army then went back into the Well Drilling/Repair field.

Many Forums including my own.

High school and a few courses after getting out of the Army. They were offered on the GI Bill.