Plumbing in the Home/How to remove flow restriction from Franke tap?

Hi - I have installed a Franke pull-out mixer tap (Ta641) on the sink in my lovely new country kitchen. But the water is gravity fed from a spring.  I get pretty good flow and pressure from the other taps in the house - bathroom and laundry, and did in the kitchen before the new tap went in.   I believe the tap has a flow reducer intended for mains water, and I don't know how to remove the reducer. There is a valve which looks like it might house the flow reducer washer called "Restraint Valve Housing" but I don't know if I can just take the whole Restraint Valve Housing out or remove a washer for it, or whether this is any case not the right place to look!  Is there a way I can proceed?

Hello Jim,

What happens with the tri flow series is, they can get clogged. The way to fix that is to remove the spout by way of a 2MM screw in the back of the body. Then you can lift the spout up and clean the debris off the brightly colored flow restrictor. Then reinstall. This happens very often when homes have poor water quality. The hot and cold water is not filtered so anything could get inside there. Its mostly from wells NY, CA, FL or WA.

i do not know if you can actually leave the flow restrictor out and not cause a leak. Trial and error here.
Good Luck

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick

Pretty much any residential plumbing questions. For "item specific" details such as a specific model of fixture, I will need to research and there may not be any useful information available. Note: I live and work in Southern California. We do not, as a rule, use hot water or steam heating systems, oil fired boilers or private water wells so my knowledge in those areas is pretty limited. There are others here on AllExerts that can probably answer those questions better.

Retired, Licensed General Contractor with Plumbing license. Active Home Inspector, Litigation Consultant and Infrared Thermographer, Online Marketing specialist.

Publications "Rain Maker" as "Inspector Dana", about making money online.

30+ years in the building trades, Licensed General Contractor (Retired), Certified Infrared Thermographer Internet Entrepreneur, Amazon & eBay Merchant (deals-by-dana)

Listed FHA Fee Inspector, FHA 203(k)Consultant, HUD Mobile Home Inspector

Home buyers, sellers and owners, Investors, Commercial roofing companies (infrared roof scans for moisture intrusion, Litigation Consulting for "Slumlord" laws in SoCal