Plumbing in the Home/Broken Toilet Flange

Hi Jay, I have a question regarding a toilet flange repair problem in my home. The toilet flange is the PVC type and the floor is concrete. The toilet anchor tabs have broke off and I made a repair with a crescent shaped repair piece. It has worked well. I plan to replace the toilet. I would like a recommendation for a more permanent repair.
Could you give any suggestions?

John, They make a solid flange repair kit that is basically a ring and flange that secures to the floor over the pipe and then sealed to the piping to stop gas and leakage. It a simple fix done with a masonry drill(in your case) then the toilet is reset the normal way with a wax or rubber seal. Google "toilet flange repair kit". There are several for all pipe types.

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas

Plumbing & Heating (warm air, hot water & steam heat)

40 years in the business, 35 years as a lic. master plumber in NY State. Retired

Graduated Magna cum laude at the School of Hard Knocks

Commercial, residential and light industrial. You name it ...I have probably worked on it