Plumbing in the Home/Broken Toilet Flange


Hi Jay, I have a question regarding a toilet flange repair problem in my home. The toilet flange is the PVC type and the floor is concrete. The toilet anchor tabs have broke off and I made a repair with a crescent shaped repair piece. It has worked well. I plan to replace the toilet. I would like a recommendation for a more permanent repair.
Could you give any suggestions?


John, They make a solid flange repair kit that is basically a ring and flange that secures to the floor over the pipe and then sealed to the piping to stop gas and leakage. It a simple fix done with a masonry drill(in your case) then the toilet is reset the normal way with a wax or rubber seal. Google "toilet flange repair kit". There are several for all pipe types.

Plumbing in the Home

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jay Nicholas


Plumbing & Heating (warm air, hot water & steam heat)


40 years in the business, 40 years as a lic. master plumber in NY State. Retired

Graduated Magna cum laude at the School of Hard Knocks

Past/Present Clients
Commercial, residential and light industrial. You name it ...I have probably worked on it

©2017 All rights reserved.