Plumbing in the Home/mixing valve

Question
Hi Jay...I'm having trouble with our shower/tub mixing valve. I say the problem is the mixing valve, because when we take a shower we have to keep on shutting down the cold water faucet a number of times to maintain the hot water temp to our likengs. The faucet set itself a (2-faucet set)not the typical single control type is several years old.Do you conquer that this is the problem? or perhaps another problem..The hot water tank is rather new (1-yr.old) and all other water units thru out the house work fine.

Answer
If you have a separate mixing/ tempering valve then yes I concur.  If the faucet is a temperature pressure sensing type then it may be that the cartridges need replacing.  While it's apart, clean the pressure balening cartridges as well.  Hot water is being restricted because the faucet is sensing high temp.. All the parts I mentioned are replaceable   With out knowing the brand I can not be more specific

J

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas