Plumbing in the Home/Toilet

Question
Just installed 2 new toilets, they wobble, everything is tight, I haven't caulked around them yet, will caulking fix the problem or is there something else I need to do?

Answer
Todd, It is absolutely imperative that the flange on the floor be screwed down solid.If the flanges that the bolts are attached to are not secured with at least four screws, one on each side of the  closet bolt,  then the toilet will not be secure and will wobble or move. Also, some toilets do not like the wax seal that has a horn in it. The horn is a plastic insert that is somewhat funnel shaped and is imbedded in the wax. Lastly, if the floor flange is to high the toilet will not sit on the floor properly.

J  

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas