Plumbing in the Home/TOILET NOT FLUSHING

I had a bathroom without a toilet. Drain was clogged so I used a wet/dry vacuum to pull out the junk after snaking it. Used garden hose down the drain and water drained well. Rinsed toilet bowl with garden hose to ensure water ran through. Installed toilet with new ring. Installed the tank, flushed and the water backsup and drains slowly. Used auger, hot water and still won't drain properly. What can I do?

Hey Magy,
Not sure I can help on this question but here goes, my first thought is are you on a septic tank?  If so, it may need pumping out.  If not, second, how old is the main line that runs to the street and are there any tree roots in its path, if so you will need a professional plumber to come out and snake it with a heavy duty snake that will cut thru if your line has been broken and repair any damage that has been done, this one is not good and will cost you.  Third, locate your vent and make sure it is clear, with out proper vent it will so affect everything. It seems that you have tried almost everything else and it maybe that when you snaked it, you just fell short of reaching the actual blockage so I hope maybe something on this forum will help but try this, instead of sucking the line out, try blowing it and then sucking it.  This may help move it enough to free it but if the vent is clear and no bird has built  nest in it there has to be a major blockage that you are just not reaching.  Wish I could help more, good luck.

Plumbing in the Home

I have worked in Electrical Engineering for 30 years in power distribution and am now a Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer, but I am a handy homeowner more than anything else and have a lot of skills when it comes to home repairs. Bathroom remodeling, flooring, painting, reconditioning old wood items, plumbing, car repairs and troubleshooting most problems. I think of myself more of a teacher than someone that is going to tell you exactly what you have to do, but I will share as much info as I have to help get your problem fixed, so if you are not interested in learning then don't ask me a question or rate me if you don't like my answers. To me, it is all about the journey so lets share the trail for a short ride and see where it takes us! I also want to give thanks to both my Mom, who has passed and my Dad, who raised us with the "Can Do" attitude and instowed such confidence in not only my life but everyone that ever came in contact with them. You can do anything that you set our minds too if only you can break it down into pieces and just tackle one piece at a time, for the rest will fall into place.

My greatest accomplishment was finishing my first bathroom upgrades in my first home which helped me to sell my home is less than 3 days by myself with a For Sale By Owner sign and no more. Plus I got $10,000 more for it in just 4 years of owning it, now that is great equity.

I am CEO and founder of Spirit Heart Therapeutic Riding Center, inc a 501c3 Non Profit for Rescued Horses and At Risk Kids. It is because of my own Mother intervention, who stepped up and shared her own love of horses with me as an at risk child myself that she planted this seed. So this program was created and is her Legacy that I have been so guided to share with those in need. We teach natural horsemanship to both horse and child and I get to watch some pretty amazing things happen. The kids learn to overcome fears, gain confidence, self-esteem and leadership skills where the horses have a chance at a life where they are trained, loved and respected and become a part of something that saves a child looking for a place to belong. If you support my Dream in bringing this program to life then please Donate to the cause and know that you are touching so many lives by doing so. God Bless You!

Nursing School, 1 1/2 years of a 2 year RN program, 1976 US Army, Intelligence School, Image Interpreter, 1977 Thomas Nelson Community College, Mechanical Drafting, 1980 Newport News Shipbuilding, Designer Training Program, 1981 School Of Hard Knocks

Honorable Discharge from US ARMY, Certificate of Achievement for Graduating with Honor's from Military Intelligence School, Ft Huachuca AZ. Award from Planning Research Corporation for a Job Well Done, NASA/Langley. Hand Selected to be an Internal Auditor for an ISO 9000 Certification Program for one of my longest employers, Lockwood Greene, ATL, GA. Multiple Letters of Appreciation.