You are here:



Tad wrote at 2011-01-04 04:27:34
I had the same problem in my condo unit.  I installed a ball valve right before the P-trap on my sink so that when I go away I can turn it closed and not worry about the water coming back up the drain.  Ideally I am still looking for some sort of a check valve that can be used on sink drains so that I don't always have to remember to shut off the ball valve when I leave.  Another thing to remember with a ball valve setup like this, is that if your sink faucet drips at all and you are gone a long time the drips could fill up your sink and cause a mess that way.

Juliet Montegue wrote at 2013-04-07 06:11:31
Sounds exactly what I need to do in my unit. What do these ball valves look like, and where do find them.

Plumbing in the Home

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


dispatcher bob


I can answer just about any question on residential plumbing,as long as you ask a question that makes sense... I do however need you to be as thorough as possible on asking, it is hard to read between the lines and be on same page as person asking.


35 years working in the field of plumbing service plumber, worked for some new home construction for several years, new commercial for 2 years, commercial maintainence, but prefer residential service

Have an interview in This Old House.

5 years of vocational school plumbing trade. RPZ backflow prevention certified. Master licensed plumber state of Minnesota City of Minneapolis Licensed, City of ST. Paul licensed.
Certified Residential Mold Inspector Certified Mold Remediator Certified Commercial Mold Inspector

©2017 All rights reserved.