Podiatry/Surgical su

Question
Foot
Foot  
After some bumps, my foot finally seemed to be well on the road to healing 2 months after removal of a bone spur on top of my foot. I have been diligent with wound care, being careful not to let anything rub on the area. I am currently taking levoquin for a sinus infection. This is what my foot looks like today

Is this reason for concern

Answer
There does not seem to be any redness or swelling so that is a good sign.  I am curious if the wound is draining any fluid.  Sometimes, with slow healing wounds, one can apply a variety of wound care products to aid in healing.  These products are most likely covered by your insurance but sometimes they are not. I believe your progress is going well.  Please continue to see your doctor to monitor the progress and keep the area clean, dry, and intact.  Minimizing infection and allowing the wound to heal is the plan and it looks like you are on your way to completely healing that wound.  

Best Regards,

Dr. Jairo Cruz Jr.  

Podiatry

Jairo Cruz Jr