Podiatry/swelling in left leg

Question
Hi I have not been able to get any answers from my doctors so I'd like your opinion. My left leg from the knee to my toes is so swollen I can't put a shoe on. It is very painful and hurts to flex my foot. There is a knot midway between my knee and ankle on the inner side of my shin bone. When I try to stretch there is a pain on top in the middle from toes to knee that is excruciating. A blood clot and dvt has been ruled out.
Thank you

Answer
Hi Candice

You should have an MRI of the leg especially the area that has a knot. This will identify if you have some type of cyst or mass in your leg or a muscle problem.  It will also identify if there is a bone problem.  If those results are normal you may want to see if you are having any vein problems even though you have already had a negative scan for blood clots.  

Please let me know the results of your MRI.

Check this site for more resources on foot swelling,
http://www.thetampapodiatrist.com

Podiatry

Dr. Marc Katz