Podiatry/swelling in left leg

Hi I have not been able to get any answers from my doctors so I'd like your opinion. My left leg from the knee to my toes is so swollen I can't put a shoe on. It is very painful and hurts to flex my foot. There is a knot midway between my knee and ankle on the inner side of my shin bone. When I try to stretch there is a pain on top in the middle from toes to knee that is excruciating. A blood clot and dvt has been ruled out.
Thank you

Hi Candice

You should have an MRI of the leg especially the area that has a knot. This will identify if you have some type of cyst or mass in your leg or a muscle problem.  It will also identify if there is a bone problem.  If those results are normal you may want to see if you are having any vein problems even though you have already had a negative scan for blood clots.  

Please let me know the results of your MRI.

Check this site for more resources on foot swelling,

Dr. Marc Katz

Medical and surgical problems of the foot and ankle. Pain Management of the Foot & Ankle using Advanced Cryosurgical techniques. Regenerative Medicine - Prolotherapy Minimally Invasive Surgical techniques Woundcare, diabetic ulcers and limb salvage. Laser Toenail Fungus Treatment. Specialized techniques for heel pain relief.

Podiatrist in private practice for 22 years in Tampa Florida Education/Credentials I am a board-certified (ABPS)Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) and a certified Foot Cryosurgeon

American Board of Podiatric Surgery Fellow, American Society of Podiatric Surgeons American Podiatric Medical Association Florida Podiatric Medical Association American Professional Wound Care Association Cryostar certified in Foot Cryosurgery

Graduated Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in 1988 Residency training Arkansas Foot Clinics