Podiatry/Post op pain; left foot 4 years 4 months; right foot 1 year 11 months

Any recommendations on at home therapy for continued pain after recovering from 2 modfied kidner procedures done to my feet?
History:  The the left foot was operated on October 2010 and the right foot on March 2013.  After the first operation "doc1" recommended at home therapy consisting of band assisted ankle exercises.  About October 2011 I was treated by "doc2" who recommended vigorous physical therapy consisting of band assisted exercises of varying tension, single leg strength and balance drills, non-impact cardio, and scar tissue massage.  I was making very slow progress for recovery due to the my occupation at the time required me to be on my feet a lot with added weight (military police).  Recovery slightly increased once doc2 got me a duty limiting letter to present to my supervision.  The letter prescribed to allow duty where I would be able to sit or rest my feet for xx amount of minutes so I recieved a desk job.  On September 2012 I injured my right foot and was recommended by doc2 to undergoes another modified kidner procedure with mitek anchor but it won't be until March 2013 to recieve the operation.  For the time being non intrusive treatment was conducted such as hard cast, walking boot with crunches, walking on walking boot and finally transitioning to bare/shoe walking.  I was going to normal physical therapy sessions but with the right foot included.  After the surgery I still have moderate to high pain from both operated areas and I short I was released from device because of this chronic pain issue.
Additonal information:  unknown credentials of both docs but doc2 did seem displeased with the lack of physical therapy for the first procedure.  I just got hired for a shipping company that requires me to be on my feet 8 hours a day without any rest or sitting until my lunch break.  Recently the pain from both operated areas a significantly increasing day after day and recently above my ankle between my calf and ankle joint.  I do have custom orthotic inserts for my shoes and taking meloxicam as needed.  A friend suggested the use of a soft ankle sleeve and/or ace bandage of my feet for compression for work.  Is the use of the sleeve and bandage advisable?

Thank you for you time and consideration after recieving and reading this lengthy message.

Dear Frank

This Orthopedic Chicago Podiatrist located in West Loop 60661,Roscoe Village 60618, Ukranian Village 60622, Elmhurst 60126 & Bartlett 60103 says...

For your foot pain post Kidner procedure. Any supportive device, including ankle sleeves or Ace wrap may be beneficial. An excellent pair of orthotics fitted into the correct work boots may work better.If you're overweight,get to your optimum weight.
More recent studies show that the Kidner operation may work better with additional procedures that include some bone surgery to help "realign" the foot. There are different modifications to the Kidner & so it's not possible for me to comment on the surgery, since the exact procedures done are unknown.
Your best bet is to find someone who does revision surgery & get a consult from them. I'm not saying to have another surgery, but at least get an explanation that you can understand as to the cause of pain. Physical therapy may help, but the right procedure helps the most. Does not sound like your issues are due to lack of physical therapy. You need a fresh diagnosis.
Hope this helps & Good Luck!

The Chicago Podiatrists of are specialists in orthopedics and sports medicine.
We are located in Chicago, Elmhurst & Bartlett. We welcome second opinions & are experts in revision surgery & chronic pain of the foot & ankle.

Dr George Tsatsos, Svetlana Zats, Dr Mariano Rivera, Dr Massard & Dr Kurtz
Chicago 60618 & 60622, Elmhurst 60126, Bartlett 60103 Podiatrists
Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery & Orthopedics
New South Loop Location-Chicago 60661

This information is offered as free advice and as general information. It may not be applicable to the specific questioner and his/her problem.  It is not based on actual knowledge of the questioner or his/her medical history and it cannot and should not be relied upon as definitive medical opinion or advice.  Reliable medical opinion and advice can only be obtained through hands-on physical contact and exam of the patient to establish an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.  No doctor/patient relationship is created or established here and may not be inferred through answers on this site.  The questioner and other readers must consult his/her own doctor before proceeding or implementing any suggestions contained within this document and answers on this site.  The questioner is only to act upon his/her own doctor’s orders and recommendations. By reading this posting which follows, the reader fully understands and confirms that he/she holds harmless this writer. If this is not fully agreeable to you, the reader, and/or you have not attained the age of 18 years, you hereby are advised to read no further

Dr George Tsatsos

All questions related to surgery, orthopedics and medicine of the foot and ankle-Adults and Children. Second Opinion specialist in Foot and Ankle problems including fractures and revision surgery. All questions relating. to foot and ankle problems in children Sports medicine of the foot and ankle Runner's and walking problems

PRIVATE PRACTICES: Ankle N Foot, 2220 W Belmont Ave., Chgo., IL 60618 since 1979 Ankle & Foot Center of Elmhurst, 401 N.York Rd., Elmhurst, IL, 60126, since 1989. Physicians Suites, Bethany Hospital, 3435 W. Van Buren, Chgo., Il, 60624, 1980-201. HOSPITAL & SURGICAL AFFILIATIONS: Bethany Hospital, 3435 W. Van Buren, Chgo., Il.- Podiatry staff since 1979-2010 Glen Oaks Medical Center, 701 Winthrop, Glen Dale Hts, IL – Podiatry staff since 1997. Elmhurst Medsurge, 401 N. York Rd., Elmhurst, IL, 60126, since 1999 Resurrection Health Care Surgery Center, 3101 N. Harlem Ave., Chicago, IL, since 1999 Chicago Neurologic & Orthopedic Hospital, 4501 N. Winchester Ave., Chicago, IL, 2008-2010

Member of the National & Midwest Academy of Ambulatory Foot Surgery. Member of American College of Sports Medicine. Member of American Medical Athletic Association. Member of Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council.

Prolotherapy in the Treatment of Foot Problems Clinical Correspondence, June 2002. Vol 92- no. 6 Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. Paper on Treatment of Delta-Phalanx of the Foot – submitted for publication to Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery & for Fellowship of ACPPS., September, 1998 Sports Medicine Consultant for the book-Triathlon 101 Essentials for Multisport Success by John Mora – 1999 ISBN 0-88011-811-3 Windy City Sports – October 1996 Marathon Issue “Keeping Your Feet Happy” American Running & Fitness Association, Clinic Advisor & Lifetime Member – Editorial Staff since 1990.

Fellow-American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedists, since 1991. Fellow-Academy of Ambulatory Foot Surgery, since 1980. Fellow- American Institute of Foot Medicine , since 1987. Fellow-American College of Foot & Ankle Pediatrics, since 1998. Certified in Laser Surgery- by Wenske Laser Center, Ravenswood Hospital, 1991. Certified in Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy – by Doctor’s Hospital, 1991. Certified Preceptorship Director-Scholl College of Podiatry 1993-2006 Board Certified in Foot & Ankle Surgery-A.B.M.S.P., since 1987. Recertified 8/08 till 3/31/2012 Board Certified in Podiatric Foot & Ankle Orthopedics-A.B.P.O.P.P.M., 1991. Recertified 10/2003 till 12/2013 Board Certified in Pain Management-A.A.P.M., since 1990.-retired Clinical Instructor – Department of Medicine at Rosalind Franklin University 10/2007 until present