Podiatry/YOUR A PAIN

Question
(This is not a spam question or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please explain to me in a simple way that I can understand: wot is a blister?

Thanks

Answer
Hi, Cameron,

Thank you for sending in your question.  A blister is a collection of fluid that forms between the layers of skin because of friction.  An area gets rubbed, and that friction causes the skin layers to separate.  With that separation, some of the liquid that usually lives under all the layers of skin is able to get through the deeper layer and is trapped between that and the outside layer, which is waterproof.  Sometimes it is just a clear or slightly yellowish liquid, and occasionally if a blood vessel gets damaged, it can be filled with blood.

I hope this helps.  Does that answer your question?

Wishing you health, happiness, and peace,
Dr. Bodart

Podiatry

Dr. Amy Bodart