Podiatry/Foot surgery effects on body

Hello, I am a 57 year old male. Several years ago, I had stage 2 PTTD. Tri plane deformity. After trying many different orthotics, afo,s I had surgeries. I had a reverse dwyer that did nothing,{a waste of time}. On the other foot I had a double calcaneal osteotomy with Achilles lengthening. Then I attempted to correct the original foot. I had a modified evans procedure. Both surgeries helped, but did not help as must as I thought. At the time Dr Gerald Yu stated that all the above surgeries were nonsense. But I listened to the Ortho. foot and ankle drs with fellowships. They where mostly aginst sub-talar fusions.
My question is twofold, one, can a condition such as mine where it seems like the foot is pushing out the side of my shoes instead of downward toward the soles of my shoe cause a double hernia with time ? My foot needs to be supported by the shoe I wear in order to walk without pain. I don't want to have another hernia, I had a double hernia 3 years ago a few years after the foot surgeries. I think it was caused by the weight of my body not being despirsed properly up through my calcaneous and up through the tibia and fibula and into my hip joints. I believe a sub-talar orthodesis would have prevented this.
Secondly, can you recommend a good Podiarists in the Columbus ohio area ? My local podiatrist in a small city said if I can't find a shoe that will work for me, I may have to have a sub-talar joint fusion on one foot and a triple on the other. I dread both of these procedures. I probably should have listened to Dr Yu originally !
PS When I had my modified evans procedure, I had asked the Podiarist to do just a evans procedure in order to save the CC joint but he refused to do saying I can't let the patient tell me what surgery to do ! I had wanted him to do this so if it didn't work I could always get a sub-talar J.F. Lastly I wear a 8 1/2 B width shoe with motion control, good luck in finding one, it's also impossible
Thank You

Dear Doug,
This Orthopedic Chicago Podiatrist located in West Loop 60661, Roscoe Village 60618, Ukrainian Village 60622, Elmhurst 60126 & Bartlett 60103 says,
For your PTTD....
I've read about foot position causing ankle, knee, hip or low back pain.I can't comment that the foot position may have lead to hernias (doubtful).
If you're overweight, then think of losing the weight before the surgery & see if the weight decrease helps with your pain.
I would look at the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons website to find someone to consider in your geographic area. Make sure that they are Board Certified in Rearfoot Surgery. That doc will have the most experience.Remember to weight the risks versus the rewards of any surgery.
Being the right weight, wearing good foot gear & possible orthoticsmay help with some of your issues.
Hope this helps & Good Luck!

Dr George Tsatsos,Dr Svetlana Zats, Dr Mariano Rivera, Dr Ryan Holmbeck & Dr Kevin Massard
Chicago 60661, 60618 & 60622, Elmhurst 60126, Bartlett 60103 Podiatrists
Board Certified swimming or wearing a knee bin Foot and Ankle Surgery & Orthopedics
New South Loop Location-Chicago 60661

This information is offered as free advice and as general information. It may not be applicable to the specific questioner and his/her problem.  It is not based on actual knowledge of the questioner or his/her medical history and it cannot and should not be relied upon as definitive medical opinion or advice.  Reliable medical opinion and advice can only be obtained through hands-on physical contact and exam of the patient to establish an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.  No doctor/patient relationship is created or established here and may not be inferred through answers on this site.  The questioner and other readers must consult his/her own doctor before proceeding or implementing any suggestions contained within this document and answers on this site.  The questioner is only to act upon his/her own doctor’s orders and recommendations. By reading this posting which follows, the reader fully understands and confirms that he/she holds harmless this writer. If this is not fully agreeable to you, the reader, and/or you have not attained the age of 18 years, you hereby are advised to read no further.

Dr George Tsatsos

All questions related to surgery, orthopedics and medicine of the foot and ankle-Adults and Children. Second Opinion specialist in Foot and Ankle problems including fractures and revision surgery. All questions relating. to foot and ankle problems in children Sports medicine of the foot and ankle Runner's and walking problems

PRIVATE PRACTICES: Ankle N Foot, 2220 W Belmont Ave., Chgo., IL 60618 since 1979 Ankle & Foot Center of Elmhurst, 401 N.York Rd., Elmhurst, IL, 60126, since 1989. Physicians Suites, Bethany Hospital, 3435 W. Van Buren, Chgo., Il, 60624, 1980-201. HOSPITAL & SURGICAL AFFILIATIONS: Bethany Hospital, 3435 W. Van Buren, Chgo., Il.- Podiatry staff since 1979-2010 Glen Oaks Medical Center, 701 Winthrop, Glen Dale Hts, IL – Podiatry staff since 1997. Elmhurst Medsurge, 401 N. York Rd., Elmhurst, IL, 60126, since 1999 Resurrection Health Care Surgery Center, 3101 N. Harlem Ave., Chicago, IL, since 1999 Chicago Neurologic & Orthopedic Hospital, 4501 N. Winchester Ave., Chicago, IL, 2008-2010

Member of the National & Midwest Academy of Ambulatory Foot Surgery. Member of American College of Sports Medicine. Member of American Medical Athletic Association. Member of Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council.

Prolotherapy in the Treatment of Foot Problems Clinical Correspondence, June 2002. Vol 92- no. 6 Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. Paper on Treatment of Delta-Phalanx of the Foot – submitted for publication to Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery & for Fellowship of ACPPS., September, 1998 Sports Medicine Consultant for the book-Triathlon 101 Essentials for Multisport Success by John Mora – 1999 ISBN 0-88011-811-3 Windy City Sports – October 1996 Marathon Issue “Keeping Your Feet Happy” American Running & Fitness Association, Clinic Advisor & Lifetime Member – Editorial Staff since 1990.

Fellow-American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedists, since 1991. Fellow-Academy of Ambulatory Foot Surgery, since 1980. Fellow- American Institute of Foot Medicine , since 1987. Fellow-American College of Foot & Ankle Pediatrics, since 1998. Certified in Laser Surgery- by Wenske Laser Center, Ravenswood Hospital, 1991. Certified in Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy – by Doctor’s Hospital, 1991. Certified Preceptorship Director-Scholl College of Podiatry 1993-2006 Board Certified in Foot & Ankle Surgery-A.B.M.S.P., since 1987. Recertified 8/08 till 3/31/2012 Board Certified in Podiatric Foot & Ankle Orthopedics-A.B.P.O.P.P.M., 1991. Recertified 10/2003 till 12/2013 Board Certified in Pain Management-A.A.P.M., since 1990.-retired Clinical Instructor – Department of Medicine at Rosalind Franklin University 10/2007 until present