Poetry/need help re: identifying a poem

Question
Hi!  I am wondering if you might be able to identify the following portion (?) of a phrase that happens to be on my half sister's grave marker.  (My sister died at the young age of 16 ...   but I was only 5 when it happened, so I don't know about the relation to this quote. It very well could be an original poem OF my sister's, as she did often write poetry ... but it may be a published writer.  Our father has passed away since, so I can't ask him.)  It is as follows:

I saw a brown bird in the apple tree,
    A butterfly flirted across the field,
    And all the leaves were calling me.

A rainbow held out it's shining hand -
    So what could I do, but laugh and go

Thanks so much, in advance, for your assistance! I will await your response at your earliest convenience.

Warm regards,

Nikki

Answer
Greetings Nikki,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your sister and your father. I do believe the lyrics, mentioned above, were written by Richard Le Gallienne entitled, "I meant to do my work today."

Here's the poem recited on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc_fMe5doEA
Here's a link for more information about the poet: http://www.poemhunter.com/richard-le-gallienne/

I do hope this helps,
Theresa Johnson

Poetry

Theresa Harvard Johnson