Pokemon/secret key

Question
yes, i have the item finder, ive been using it to fond the secret key in the cinnabar mansion in pokemon red, i have yet been able to find it,and/or pick it up i only get "yes! an item is nearby!" can you help me figure out how i obtain that key i know how to get to the area just can't pick it up. thank you friend!

Danny

Answer
Hmm... The Secret Key should just be in a regular Pokeball item, visible on screen without the Itemfinder...
Are you sure that you are in the room with the eight potted plants? There is a hidden item in that room, but it's not the Secret Key...

If the Secret Key isn't visible, and you haven't picked it up, then are you using any cheat codes? Because they can sometimes have the negative effect of causing these kind of problems that prevent you from finishing the game... (One code stopped Giovanni from battling me at Silph Co. I had to restart so I could finish it...)

If the game's playing up or glitching, then there's not much advice I can give you I'm afraid...

Pokemon

Lone Wolf