Pokemon/Misprint Pokemon Card

Question
I have a misprinted Japanese Pocket Monster Pokémon card Dark Persian and in the evolution box it has a Psyduck. I was wondering if that is considered a rare card and does it have any value to it. Also do you think I'll be able to sell it like this? Thanks.

Answer
Well, I don't really know much about the card game anymore, as I haven't bothered collecting it in at least ten years...

However, after searching for well over an hour, all I can find on this card is what I'm gonna assume is your picture: http://community.ebay.com/t5/Trading-Cards/misprinted-Japanese-Pocket-Monster-Po

Apart from that, I've only found one other proper mention of a similar card, from a girl who mentioned that she has a copy. (although she posted no pics... ) But her brief description does sound very much like it.

I also found mention of a similar error, involving a Wartortle that apparently evolved from Wartortle... Which means that these kind of evolutions errors/misprints are possible, and have happened before.

So I'm gonna have to assume that either it's a very rare, and completely undocumented error card, or you two are the luckiest people in the world, and have the only two cards in existence with this error.

My advice is to submit the picture it to a reputable site, like Serebii or Bulbagarden so they can try to confirm it. (I've already tried looking to see if they have any mention of it, but so far, nothing. The only Dark Persian error card either site currently lists is the no HP English card. )

I wouldn't recommend selling it until it's confirmed. For starters, potential buyers might just assume that because they can't find it in any error card listings, that it might be fake, and report you for it. Or, on the other hand, you could end up selling it for far less than it's worth.

Pokemon

Lone Wolf