Pokemon/A : Mystery Gift (Emerald)

Question
okay so on pokemon emerald i got mystery gift but it says i need a wireless adapter and people are saying it doesnt work on emerald is it true and if it is true how do i get the adapter

Answer
Hi Richard,

Well, the people are right in some sort of way. Even if you'd have a wireless adapter, the Mystery Gift feature wouldn't work. I'll explain.

You need this kind of adapter to get the Mystery Gift function working:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Advance_Wireless_Adapter

Now, even with the adapter attached to your Game Boy, you still would need another system that responds to your signal. That system could only be found at a Nintendo Event, an event organised by Nintendo where rare items could be obtained through e.g. the Mystery Gift function.

Nintendo Event are still organised, even online, but they are only organised for the latest games (Black & White/Black 2 & White 2). So, even with an adapter, the Mystery Gift feature would be useless.

Good luck!
Have fun!
:)

~LG~

Pokemon

LG