Pokemon/shiny pokemon

hi lg, i want to get a shiny treecko starter in pokemon sapphire, i was wondering, how to soft reset on the gba, what is the chance of  getting a female treecko, and the chance of getting a shiny treecko. Also i heard that getting a femal starter increases the chance of getting a shiny at the same time, is this true. thanks in advance john.

Hi there! This ended up in my inbox, so I'll give a shot at answering it.

Okay, to soft reset on the GBA, you need to press and hold A, B, Select and Start at the same time.

The normal odds for a Shiny Pokemon are 1 in 8,192, but for a female Treecko, it'd be about a 1% or maybe 2% chance out of 10. So, for a Shiny Treecko... You'd probably have to soft reset a LOT over the course of several days to get that lucky.

And I'm afraid that as far as I know, nothing in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald makes it easier to find a Shiny Pokemon.

Hope that helps!

Lone Wolf

Walkthroughs on ALL main series games as well as several spin-offs. I can give advice on basic gameplay, Pokemon locations & breeding tips for said games, as well as Gym and Elite 4 battle tips. I don't know very much about the card game, as I haven't played or collected it in years, so please don't ask. I also don't know much about the Events, where to go to get them, or when the next one will be, especially outside of Australia, so once again, don't ask.

I've completed the Pokedexes several times in most of the hand-held games, including: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond and Pearl. I also have the Five-Star Black Trainer card in Diamond, and have played Yellow so many times, I now get bored after 5 minutes. I use my Red game for Missingno experiments, and to see what kinda cheat codes work. I also filled the Browser in PKMN ranger 2 in less than a week.

If the Pokemon Tower fan-fiction site counts as a publication, then yeah, I've been on there. Also, I'm on DeviantART, although those were just short fanfics as tributes to MiyaToriaka's brilliant artwork...

I technically didn't even finish grade 10, but I've been playing the Pokemon games for over ten years now.

Over 300 people on this site and counting.