Pokemon/shiny pokemon

Question
hi lg, i want to get a shiny treecko starter in pokemon sapphire, i was wondering, how to soft reset on the gba, what is the chance of  getting a female treecko, and the chance of getting a shiny treecko. Also i heard that getting a femal starter increases the chance of getting a shiny at the same time, is this true. thanks in advance john.

Answer
Hi there! This ended up in my inbox, so I'll give a shot at answering it.

Okay, to soft reset on the GBA, you need to press and hold A, B, Select and Start at the same time.

The normal odds for a Shiny Pokemon are 1 in 8,192, but for a female Treecko, it'd be about a 1% or maybe 2% chance out of 10. So, for a Shiny Treecko... You'd probably have to soft reset a LOT over the course of several days to get that lucky.

And I'm afraid that as far as I know, nothing in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald makes it easier to find a Shiny Pokemon.

Hope that helps!

Pokemon

Lone Wolf