Pokemon/A : Berry Glitch

hi i was wondering, what is the berry glitch? also, does my internal battery have anything to do with it? and, how can i fix it? thanks

Hi John,

The berry glitch is a glitch that stops Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire counting the days after one year of gameplay or in games with more than 100 hours of gameplay. It has nothing to do with a dried up battery that stops the internal clock from working, although the symptoms of both problems are very similar. There's one difference: if you have a faulty battery, then the following message will appear after the title screen: "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur." This message doesn't appear if you have the berry glitch.

You can fix the berry glitch by linking it to Pokémon LeafGreen/FireRed/Emerald. You can follow these instructions:

You can also fix the glitch by linking it to several other games/devices. You can find those here:

Good luck!
Have fun!

Hello, dear reader. My name is LG. I'm able to answer most of your questions about ALL POKEMON GAMES.

Since I became an expert in this category (+- 10 years ago), I became fascinated by the internal structure of Pokémon and I started to check all game info and all game research data. As a Pokémon trainer, I know a lot about game walkthroughs, stats, attacks, strategies, breeding, evolution and much more.

If I don't know the answer, I'll look it up for you or I'll redirect you to one of my fellow experts. I hope to read you soon! :)

About ten years ago I started playing Pocket Monsters on my first game, Pokémon Red. I became addicted to the game and bought its equivalent, Pokémon Blue and later on the special version, Pokémon Yellow. After that, I bought all the games of Pokémon that were released for the Game Boy platform by pre - ordering them in my local shop. I'm still checking the data of the Pokémon research today.

Bachelor in Experimental and Theoretical Psychology.