Pokemon/A : Pokémon Cards

I don't know if you can answer this, but:

I have recently acquired a large set of Pokemon game cards. It is so large, in fact, that the task of appraising them personally is not just daunting, but downright scary, especially because some of them are apparently the original Japanese cards.

Would you please provide me with at least the first steps on finding a reliable appraiser, or even just someone who could direct me to a reliable appraiser?

Thank you very much (from a fellow AllExperts expert)!

-- Spyder

Hi fellow expert,

I normally appraise the cards questionners ask me about. However, I can't do that considering it's such a large set of cards. What I can do is to give the method I use. First I want to know what card it is (i.e. to which series it belongs and what number it has). To know the latter I use a combination of the sites of Serebii and Psypokes. Then I google this information together with the word 'price'. You'll get a lot of results, but you'll see a certain trend appearing after visiting the first ten/twenty search results.

Good luck
Have fun! :)

Hello, dear reader. My name is LG. I'm able to answer most of your questions about ALL POKEMON GAMES.

Since I became an expert in this category (+- 10 years ago), I became fascinated by the internal structure of Pokémon and I started to check all game info and all game research data. As a Pokémon trainer, I know a lot about game walkthroughs, stats, attacks, strategies, breeding, evolution and much more.

If I don't know the answer, I'll look it up for you or I'll redirect you to one of my fellow experts. I hope to read you soon! :)

About ten years ago I started playing Pocket Monsters on my first game, Pokémon Red. I became addicted to the game and bought its equivalent, Pokémon Blue and later on the special version, Pokémon Yellow. After that, I bought all the games of Pokémon that were released for the Game Boy platform by pre - ordering them in my local shop. I'm still checking the data of the Pokémon research today.

Bachelor in Experimental and Theoretical Psychology.