Pokemon/A : Platinum Cacturne 42/127 Misprint (TCG)

Hello. I don't know much about Pokemon, but I do know that certain misprint cards can be worth some money. I have a grass type Cacturne issued in 2009. The number is 42/127. I believe it is from the platinum set. In the info under the picture, it says Cscarescrow Pokemon instead of Scarecrow. Towards the bottom of the card the description reads: "It becomes active active at nighr,seeking prey that is exhausted form the day's deset heat." It appears on the card exactly as I have typed it, having 2 actives, night spelled as nighr, no space between nighr and seeking, form when it should be from, and desert spelled as deset. In addition, a colorless energy symbol next to an attack is printed awkwardly, as if it has been doubled up, with half of an energy showing underneath the original one. I was wondering if you knew or knew some one that could tell me if this card is worth a good amount of money and how much. Thank you for your time and sorry for the long question. :)

Hi Noah,

It's indeed Cacturne, number 42 of the 127 cards in the Platinum deck.

I searched for it and normally I'd find some results when being a misprint. However, no results showed up. Add to that that the card has a lot of misprints on it (especially the energy symbol). I suspect it's a fake card. More info:

How did you obtain the card? If you like, you can scan the card and add to a follow-up question. Then I'll scan for signs signaling a fake.

Good luck!
Have fun!

Hello, dear reader. My name is LG. I'm able to answer most of your questions about ALL POKEMON GAMES.

Since I became an expert in this category (+- 10 years ago), I became fascinated by the internal structure of Pokémon and I started to check all game info and all game research data. As a Pokémon trainer, I know a lot about game walkthroughs, stats, attacks, strategies, breeding, evolution and much more.

If I don't know the answer, I'll look it up for you or I'll redirect you to one of my fellow experts. I hope to read you soon! :)

About ten years ago I started playing Pocket Monsters on my first game, Pokémon Red. I became addicted to the game and bought its equivalent, Pokémon Blue and later on the special version, Pokémon Yellow. After that, I bought all the games of Pokémon that were released for the Game Boy platform by pre - ordering them in my local shop. I'm still checking the data of the Pokémon research today.

Bachelor in Experimental and Theoretical Psychology.