Poland/How to get from Budapest to Cracow and Cracow to Prague

Dear Expert,

We are planning to travel to Eastern Europe in September 2015. We would really like to visit Poland. We will be starting in Vienna, then on to Budapest. From there we would like to go to Poland - Cracow. We have found that there is no direct flight. I have also heard that the night trains require that you change trains at 2am.

We are also not sure if the trains are clean and safe?

We would rather take a night train so that we can make the most of the day sightseeing.

From Cracow we would then go to Prague? Again what is the best way to travel? Night trains?

How do we book a train? We will be 2 people travelling together.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

thank you for e-mail and request. I can confirm there is an overnight, direct train from Budapest to Krakow, and it is a safe train, where you have to book a place at sleeping car (also 2 persons compartments are available) I can recommend that train of course, as well as the night train from Krakow to Prague.
You can't book them on-line as we can buy it only at the ticket desk, and it must be done in advance.

You can contact the office where I work for and we will book it for you. The same if you will need any extra services in Poland, like local tours, transfers, hotels. etc. you can also send a request to our office e-mail:

with best regards

Bartecki Grzegorz

Information about worth to see places, tourist attractions, suggestions for tour ideas to Poland.

travel agent since 1997, licenced tour leader since 1998 in Poland, chairman of local Cycling Association in 2000-2002,

Cycling Association, tour leaders association in Opole,

2002 - Master Degree 2000 - Bechelor Degree 1997 - High school of Tourism and Hospitality in Opole, Poland

chairman of local Cycling Association 2000-2002, chairman of tour leaders association in Opole 1999-2001,

international clients, working as a incoming travel consultant