Polish Language/Name pronunciation Pszyk - Maybe Polish??

Michal Pszyk wrote at 2010-04-15 22:09:30
I would like to rectify the discussion a bit.  I am half-Polish (mother), half-Ukrainian (father), and my last name is Pszyk.  Although the spelling pSZyk is a polish way to write it, Pszyk remains a popular Western-Ukrainian surname.  Regards

Maciej St. Zięba wrote at 2010-04-23 20:15:55
Dear Michal.

I will not argue with you. Taking into consideration very scarce presence of this name in present-day Poland, and mostly in the areas where Ukrainian (or more precisely: Lemko/Rusyn) population can be expected:

http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/pszyk.html

and the presence in the US http://names.whitepages.com/last/Pszyk partly out of the main areas of Polish immigration,

and the historical ties between what is today Western Ukraine and Poland (i.e. the traditions of Galicja/Hałyczyna) - Ukrainian surnames may have Polish spelling. And I know no statisctics available on repartition of surnames in Ukraine. So this might actually be an Ukrainian surname present also in Poland.  

Jaropolk Pszyk wrote at 2010-05-10 16:20:26
I found it very moving that a street bearing my last name still exists in Hawaii. My family actually comes from the former eastern area of Poland called Galicja. They were ethnic Ukrainians and there are many people with the last name Pszyk in that area, some 40 miles south-east of Lwow, currently Lviv, Ukraine. I correspond with a lady named Pszyk living in Honolulu, whom I found on Facebook, so I think there are some Pszyks in Hawaii, too. BTW, "pszyk" in Ukrainian literally means "nothing" but only in the following saying "it all ended in a pszyk", the English equivalent being sth along the lines "nothing came out of so much noise." Best regards to all.  

Lehualady wrote at 2011-08-11 01:48:35
Aloha, yes Pszyk still live in Hawaii.  My son's ER doctor was Pszyk.  When I moved to Mountain View I was surprised to see the road named Pszyk. Thank you for the pronunciation.

Kanoe Pszyk wrote at 2014-01-26 11:54:13
Hi. My name is Kanoe Pszyk. I like my father, was born on Maui, Hi. My father is half Portuguese and half polish. This is great information to know. And thank you for sharing.

Kanoe Pszyk wrote at 2014-01-26 11:57:32
My mother is 75% hawaiian, 25% korean. Yes its a crazy mix to have but I'm still a Pszyk. I'm 25% Portuguese 25% polish, 38% Hawaiian and 12% korean.  

Michelle wrote at 2014-07-06 06:24:20
The Pszyk family is mine. My grandma was one of 13 children. She grew up there, and yes, the road was named after them because they were the only ones there at the time.

There are still a few Pszyk's around...the ones I know of live in Volcano.

Even within our family, we have argued about how to pronounce the name, but it sounds like it was answered correctly in the other comments.  

Old local guy! wrote at 2015-06-30 06:31:26
Freaking out!!! PSZYK I've been on this island for 40 years. Back in July of 2012 I came down to visit some old friends as I turned on Pszyk road there was a guy taking a picture next to the street sign pszyk  road! I thought that was odd so I turned around and came by again he had a huge tattoo on his arm that said Pszyk. This was a big guy with assuming his wife and kid he look like a local guy. I've seen him somewere before but couldn't remember!

Later  on that night I went to bed I had a real spiritual dream, I was  at heavens gates but there was a bunch of evil spirts trying to get in then I seen this angel that came out through the gates and look exactly like the guy I seen. He took care of all the bad and let me in he liked sacrificed his spirts for me bra! I kept hearing somebody whisper Lamb Of God!!!   I will see this guy again I'm sure of it this kid is special!     I googled this name and found lots of Pszyk  ashley or mike or steve or dan or danny jr from the mainland come to find out the guy was so huge I felt I found him from seal beach and he is a repo guy I felt every bone in my body tell me that was him don't ask me how his mom is from Lanai according to the internet hope this helps must be a special street!!!

Polish Language

Maciej St. Zięba