Political Collectibles/Signed letters Kennedy, Nixon, Hoover

Question
Value to sell,and how to authenticate ?
Nixon -  signed letter on office stationery of Vice President in Nixon franked envelope Sept.1959
Nixon - 2 autograph book pages with Richard Nixon autograph. Old, date unknown
John Kennedy - Signed letter  "Senator John F. Kennedy for president" with picture on letterhead.  October 1 1960.Thanks for helping with campaign. In original envelope.
Robert H. Finch Office of the Vice President explaining Kennedy's position on a political issue. Dater April 11, 1960.
J.Edgar Hoover signed on Department of Justice FBI stationery. December 28, 1961. A "thank you" for information from a private party.

Answer
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'd be happy to help. They key to value when it comes to any autograph is authentication -particulary when it comes to Presidents. As you can imagine, modern day presidents receive hundreds of thousands of requests for autographs and send just as many -if not more -letters. Because of this, they employ a legion of secretaries and auto-pen machines, which is why 99%+ of all autographs are not original and therefore have only marginal value.

If you would like to email or post photos of the items you have I should be able to give you a pretty good idea of their value from the photos - or at least if its worth pursuing further.

I can tell you off hand, that the odds that the Kennedy letter would be authentic are not good since it sounds like a letter sent to all volunteers which are typically not original - but you never know.

Sincerely, Lori
Lori Ferber Collectibles
lori@loriferber.com

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber