Political Collectibles/1977 Inauguration Ceremony

Question
Hello Lori,

I have the invitation for the 1977 Inauguration for President Jimmy Carter and Vice President Walter Mondale. It includes signed pictures of the two, a general admission ticket,and the program. What is the value of these items?

Answer
Hi Mindy: It sounds like what you have is what is called a Congressional Inaugural Invitation set. These were the actual (not souvenir) invitations and ticket to the inauguraton of President Carter and Vice President Mondale. The set generally includes the invitation, program, portrait of the President, Portrait of the Vice President and the outer envelope. These sets are distributed by members of the Senate and the Inaugural Committee and are official.  They are certainly of interest to collectors. This particular set generally retails in the $50 - $100 range depending on condition - most commonly in the $75 - $85 range. I hope this information is helpful.
Sincerely,
Lori
Lori Ferber Collectibles
Ideatron LLC
www.loriferber.com

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber