Political Collectibles/Presidential Madallions

I have a total of 40 Presidential Medallions in their original boxes purchased from 1967 through 1978.  I would like to sell these Medallions but 1) have no idea of their worth and 2) who would purchase them.  I read on your website that you purchase such items...unless I misunderstood.  Can you help me?

Thank you for your question. By your description of "medallions" i'm assming these are the medals produced by the U.S. Mint. Typicaly they are bronze medals about 2 3/4" in diameter. There are also smaller size medals around 1 15/16ths that were issued and are worth considerably less, but those are not typically in boxes. Assuming they are in the boxes, with the original paperwork and stands, the retail price per medal is usually around $30 - $40 depending on condition. On ebay they sell for between $10 - $40 (yes, that big a swing depending on which way the auction winds are blowing). The condition of the boxes and medals is important, if the plastic bags on each medal are still sealed then they would be considered uncirculated. When I buy these medals i purchase them for $8 - $10 each in uncirculated condition or $5 each circulated. Right now I've probalby got enough in inventory to last me many many years though. But if you do want to sell them I can check and be sure. Just let me know the condition. I hope this information is helpful Sincerely, Lori

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber

I would be happy to answer questions regarding the value of political and presidential memorabilia and collectibles. This includes such items as campaign buttons, posters, inaugural invitations, presidential autographs, newspapers, magazines, white house memorabilia, white house christmas cards, campaign posters, one-of-a-kind presidential items etc. Presidents such as John F Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln and virtually every President from George Washington to Barack Obama.

My husband and I have been in the political collectibles business for over 37 years (gosh has it been that long!). We have helped thousands of people determine the value of their items and assist them in determining if an item is authentic or a reproduction. We are blessed with the reality that our business is also our passion. One thing you can always count on, is that we will give you our honest opinion of value. Sometimes that may mean a trip to the Caribbean for you and other times it may mean the item, unfortunately, may not have any value. Our company is Lori Ferber Collectibles located in Scottsdale Arizona.

Member of the American Political Items Collectors national association

We are proud members of the American Political Items Collectors association