Political Collectibles/Presidential Madallions

Question
I have a total of 40 Presidential Medallions in their original boxes purchased from 1967 through 1978.  I would like to sell these Medallions but 1) have no idea of their worth and 2) who would purchase them.  I read on your website that you purchase such items...unless I misunderstood.  Can you help me?

Answer
Jacqueline:
Thank you for your question. By your description of "medallions" i'm assming these are the medals produced by the U.S. Mint. Typicaly they are bronze medals about 2 3/4" in diameter. There are also smaller size medals around 1 15/16ths that were issued and are worth considerably less, but those are not typically in boxes. Assuming they are in the boxes, with the original paperwork and stands, the retail price per medal is usually around $30 - $40 depending on condition. On ebay they sell for between $10 - $40 (yes, that big a swing depending on which way the auction winds are blowing). The condition of the boxes and medals is important, if the plastic bags on each medal are still sealed then they would be considered uncirculated. When I buy these medals i purchase them for $8 - $10 each in uncirculated condition or $5 each circulated. Right now I've probalby got enough in inventory to last me many many years though. But if you do want to sell them I can check and be sure. Just let me know the condition. I hope this information is helpful Sincerely, Lori

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber