Political Collectibles/jfk brithday programs and ticket

Question
i have 5 programs and a ticket with the stub attached to jfk brithday when marlyin sang happy brithday and i also have the pre dinner ivataion would like a value on these items. I am considering sell them. thank you sandy

Answer
Hi Sandy. Thank you for your question. Memorabilia items related to the "happy birthday Mr. President" event at Madison Square Garden are always of interest to collectors. It crosses several areas of collecting including, John F Kennedy, Marily Monroe and historic Madison Square Garden. Condition is of course very important when it comes to items like this. Retail and auction values for these items tend vary wildly  and there is a big difference right now between "asking prices" and the prices they actually sell for.

I would also recommend (unless you must) that you do not sell all five programs at once time. The reason, that many hitting the market at one time would most certainly lower the value. A suggestion might be to consider consigning the items rather than selling them outright. in a consignment sale the seller almost always gets a higher value. The downside of a consignment sale is that you are not paid until the item actually sells.

Probably the best indication of value i can give you is to share with you what I have recently purchased these items for. I have purchased two of the programs for $500 and $850 each. The ticket with the stub $400. The invitation is not something that I am very famliar with but I seem to recall seeing one sell for $500 at retail.

I hope this information is helpful. If you do decide to sell the items one day, I would definitely be interested.

Sincerely,
Lori
Lori Ferber Collectibles
12165 N. 102nd Street
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
602-312-6808
lori@loriferber.com  

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber