Political Collectibles/Geo Washington? Antique andirons

Would you know about old andirons? The only ones in this pose I see are id with George Washington. The fact that the bar bolts on makes me suspect re age. Thanx.

Interesting items. Not one I've seen before. I also checked through my resource books and have found nothing on it. Typically, andirons from that time period are not in color so I suspect that either it was produced much later or hand painted after-the-fact, but I could be wrong. Let me do some checking for you with a couple of collectors that i know and see if they can help. Sincerely, Lori

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber

I would be happy to answer questions regarding the value of political and presidential memorabilia and collectibles. This includes such items as campaign buttons, posters, inaugural invitations, presidential autographs, newspapers, magazines, white house memorabilia, white house christmas cards, campaign posters, one-of-a-kind presidential items etc. Presidents such as John F Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln and virtually every President from George Washington to Barack Obama.

My husband and I have been in the political collectibles business for over 37 years (gosh has it been that long!). We have helped thousands of people determine the value of their items and assist them in determining if an item is authentic or a reproduction. We are blessed with the reality that our business is also our passion. One thing you can always count on, is that we will give you our honest opinion of value. Sometimes that may mean a trip to the Caribbean for you and other times it may mean the item, unfortunately, may not have any value. Our company is Lori Ferber Collectibles located in Scottsdale Arizona.

Member of the American Political Items Collectors national association

We are proud members of the American Political Items Collectors association