Political Collectibles/Geo Washington? Antique andirons

Question
Andions1
Andions1  

Andirons2
Andirons2  
Would you know about old andirons? The only ones in this pose I see are id with George Washington. The fact that the bar bolts on makes me suspect re age. Thanx.

Answer
Kirk:
Interesting items. Not one I've seen before. I also checked through my resource books and have found nothing on it. Typically, andirons from that time period are not in color so I suspect that either it was produced much later or hand painted after-the-fact, but I could be wrong. Let me do some checking for you with a couple of collectors that i know and see if they can help. Sincerely, Lori

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber