Political Collectibles/Antique Mid Week Pictorial magazines

Mid week book
Mid week book  

second mid week
second mid week  
Hi, I hope that I have put this in the right category.  I have come across some military items and was hoping that someone could answer a question for me. I have a large lot of Mid-Week Pictorial by the New York Times from the years 1914-1936. Most of them are military related. Some have been taken and bound (appears to be hand sewn) into an antique leather CASH book. It seems as those that were put in the book were cut down about 1/2" or more to fit into the book. None of the incredible pictures have been ruined, but I am sure cutting is considered damage.  Can you tell me if the value of these that were cut is ruined? or are they not of much value anyway. I thank you so much for your time.

Hi Sue. Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in military items, particularly vintage newspapers. However, my impression is that these publications tend to retail in the $10 - $25 each range. However, if they have been trimmed and otherwise mounted or affixed to a boo their value would probably be significantly less. Here's a link to a person who specializes in this type of publication. I'm sure they can be helpful.
Sincerely, Lori
Lori Ferber Colletibles  

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber

I would be happy to answer questions regarding the value of political and presidential memorabilia and collectibles. This includes such items as campaign buttons, posters, inaugural invitations, presidential autographs, newspapers, magazines, white house memorabilia, white house christmas cards, campaign posters, one-of-a-kind presidential items etc. Presidents such as John F Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln and virtually every President from George Washington to Barack Obama.

My husband and I have been in the political collectibles business for over 37 years (gosh has it been that long!). We have helped thousands of people determine the value of their items and assist them in determining if an item is authentic or a reproduction. We are blessed with the reality that our business is also our passion. One thing you can always count on, is that we will give you our honest opinion of value. Sometimes that may mean a trip to the Caribbean for you and other times it may mean the item, unfortunately, may not have any value. Our company is Lori Ferber Collectibles located in Scottsdale Arizona.

Member of the American Political Items Collectors national association

We are proud members of the American Political Items Collectors association