Political Collectibles/1888 republic convention badge

Front of badge
Front of badge  

Back of badge
Back of badge  
I have what I believe is a  republican convention badge from 1888. It has a photo of Timothy woodruff lt governor of ny at the time the back of the badge has the seal of New York. Also Woodruff 's name is at the top of the ribboned badge. It is excellent condition no rips tears scuffs etc. would this have been his badge what can you tell me about it. What would be the value of something like this. If I decided to part with it is there a particular auction that would have interest. Thanks

Rick: Thank you for your question. Interesting badge. It does not match any of the badges I have in my references to the 1988 Republican National Convention. My guess is that it was from the earlier State convention.

As you may already know, Woodruff was on the New York Republican State Committee in 1888 and also a delegate to the Republican National Convention in 1888.

I will do some additional checking for you and see what i can come up with.

Typically, State convention badges are in somewhat less demand than National Conventions. On a retail basis they tend to sell in the $35 - $75 range. Occasionally, at the right auction (if you get two bidders hot on an item) it could go for more.

Lori Ferber Collectibles

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber

I would be happy to answer questions regarding the value of political and presidential memorabilia and collectibles. This includes such items as campaign buttons, posters, inaugural invitations, presidential autographs, newspapers, magazines, white house memorabilia, white house christmas cards, campaign posters, one-of-a-kind presidential items etc. Presidents such as John F Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln and virtually every President from George Washington to Barack Obama.

My husband and I have been in the political collectibles business for over 37 years (gosh has it been that long!). We have helped thousands of people determine the value of their items and assist them in determining if an item is authentic or a reproduction. We are blessed with the reality that our business is also our passion. One thing you can always count on, is that we will give you our honest opinion of value. Sometimes that may mean a trip to the Caribbean for you and other times it may mean the item, unfortunately, may not have any value. Our company is Lori Ferber Collectibles located in Scottsdale Arizona.

Member of the American Political Items Collectors national association

We are proud members of the American Political Items Collectors association