Political Collectibles/1888 republic convention badge

Question
Front of badge
Front of badge  

Back of badge
Back of badge  
I have what I believe is a  republican convention badge from 1888. It has a photo of Timothy woodruff lt governor of ny at the time the back of the badge has the seal of New York. Also Woodruff 's name is at the top of the ribboned badge. It is excellent condition no rips tears scuffs etc. would this have been his badge what can you tell me about it. What would be the value of something like this. If I decided to part with it is there a particular auction that would have interest. Thanks

Answer
Rick: Thank you for your question. Interesting badge. It does not match any of the badges I have in my references to the 1988 Republican National Convention. My guess is that it was from the earlier State convention.

As you may already know, Woodruff was on the New York Republican State Committee in 1888 and also a delegate to the Republican National Convention in 1888.

I will do some additional checking for you and see what i can come up with.

Typically, State convention badges are in somewhat less demand than National Conventions. On a retail basis they tend to sell in the $35 - $75 range. Occasionally, at the right auction (if you get two bidders hot on an item) it could go for more.

Sincerely,
Lori
Lori Ferber Collectibles
www.loriferber.com

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber