Political Collectibles/"Vice President of The United States Cufflink Set"

My great uncle was a former Superior Court judge for the state of North Carolina. When he passed, I was left with a set of gold cufflinks (see pics). I am assuming they were a gift from a former VP but can't find any information other than that on them. If you could, I'd like to know what VP gave them to him and if they are in fact genuine. Thanks.

Hi ryan: Thank you for question and photos. It is difficult to tell for sure from the photos. When you say they are gold, are you saying they are gold colors or actual gold (in which case it would like say 14k, 10k, 24k.  The reason i ask is that there are various different cufflinks with many different values. For instance, if the cufflinks are what we call cobalt blue (a very deep and rich looking blue) they would have greater value, as it would if it were gold. Typically, these are cufflinks produced by the White House and VIP's and White House guests. The more common forms tend to retail in the $35 -$75 range. However, the cobalt ones can run as high as $200 - $250 or more. If you can provide me with a bit more info I can provide you with additional help. Sincerely, Lori, Lori Ferber Collectibles,  

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber

I would be happy to answer questions regarding the value of political and presidential memorabilia and collectibles. This includes such items as campaign buttons, posters, inaugural invitations, presidential autographs, newspapers, magazines, white house memorabilia, white house christmas cards, campaign posters, one-of-a-kind presidential items etc. Presidents such as John F Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln and virtually every President from George Washington to Barack Obama.

My husband and I have been in the political collectibles business for over 37 years (gosh has it been that long!). We have helped thousands of people determine the value of their items and assist them in determining if an item is authentic or a reproduction. We are blessed with the reality that our business is also our passion. One thing you can always count on, is that we will give you our honest opinion of value. Sometimes that may mean a trip to the Caribbean for you and other times it may mean the item, unfortunately, may not have any value. Our company is Lori Ferber Collectibles located in Scottsdale Arizona.

Member of the American Political Items Collectors national association

We are proud members of the American Political Items Collectors association