Political Collectibles/FDR inaugural medals

Gold and silver?
Gold and silver?  
Did they make the 1945 FDR inaugural medal using gold or silver?

Scott: Thank you for your question. I'm not in the office at the moment but I will be happy to double check for you when i arrive. My recollection is that there was no gold medal produced that year. I'm not positive about the silver but I do not believe so. I will let you know. The 1945 inaugural festivites were very limited due to the hardships from World War II. Sincerely, Lori, Lori Ferber Collectibles,

Political Collectibles

Lori Ferber

I would be happy to answer questions regarding the value of political and presidential memorabilia and collectibles. This includes such items as campaign buttons, posters, inaugural invitations, presidential autographs, newspapers, magazines, white house memorabilia, white house christmas cards, campaign posters, one-of-a-kind presidential items etc. Presidents such as John F Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln and virtually every President from George Washington to Barack Obama.

My husband and I have been in the political collectibles business for over 37 years (gosh has it been that long!). We have helped thousands of people determine the value of their items and assist them in determining if an item is authentic or a reproduction. We are blessed with the reality that our business is also our passion. One thing you can always count on, is that we will give you our honest opinion of value. Sometimes that may mean a trip to the Caribbean for you and other times it may mean the item, unfortunately, may not have any value. Our company is Lori Ferber Collectibles located in Scottsdale Arizona.

Member of the American Political Items Collectors national association

We are proud members of the American Political Items Collectors association