Polo/neck size of polo pony

Question
hello Alex. may i know what should be the neck size of a polo pony. especially a thoroughbred. long or short? can you please attach an image?

Answer
Rohit,
A neck of ideal length is about one third of the horse's length, measured from poll to withers, with a length comparable to the length of the legs.
An ideally placed neck is called a horizontal neck. It is set on the chest neither too high nor too low, with its weight and balance aligned with the forward movement of the body. The horse is easy to supple, develop strength, and to control with hand and legs aids. Although relatively uncommon, it is usually seen in Thoroughbreds, American Quarter Horses, and some Warmbloods. Horizontal neck is advantageous to every sport, as the neck is flexible and works well for balancing.
I hope you find this information helpful.

Polo

Alex Webbe