Polo/short heighted horses for polo

hello sir. may i know why to select a short heighted horse for playing polo?

At one time there was a height limit on horses used for polo.  This restriction was lifted over one hundred years ago, and today horses of all heights are used.  The height of a horse used in the game is a personal preference and not one defined by any particular reason or rationale.  A larger horse generally has a longer stride; a smaller horse can usually turn quicker.  

Alex Webbe

General history questions about the game of polo. Some specific questions relating to polo in Argentina, the United States, Europe, India and China. I do, however, have a deep international network through which I feel comfortable I can field most reasonable questions.

I have been covering polo for over thirty years and am a student in the history of the game. I have an ongoing scholar relationship with the Museum of Polo in Lake Worth Florida and am working on two different books on polo at this writing.

Polo Magazine. The Chicagoan, Palm Beach Daily News, Polo en la Argentina, Polo Times, Polo Post, Polo Down Under, Pololine, PoloZone, Polo International, PQinternational, etc.

University of Denver, 1964-1966 (Vietnam) 1968-1970.