Polo/polo - suiting for all classes

hello sir. is polo an expensive game? doesn't it suit for middle class families? we belong to middle class but i am too much into horses. as i want to become an equine nutritionist, i also want to become a good polo player.

Polo is a stick and ball game played on horseback.  Because of the costs involved with the horses (a minimum of three or four horses would generally be required to participate in match or tournament play) that involves a groom, stabling, feed, tack, veterinary expenses, a truck and horse trailer, a blacksmith and possibly the expense of a horse and trailer to transport the horses, it is limited to someone who can carry these monthly expenses.
I hope you find this information useful.

Alex Webbe

General history questions about the game of polo. Some specific questions relating to polo in Argentina, the United States, Europe, India and China. I do, however, have a deep international network through which I feel comfortable I can field most reasonable questions.

I have been covering polo for over thirty years and am a student in the history of the game. I have an ongoing scholar relationship with the Museum of Polo in Lake Worth Florida and am working on two different books on polo at this writing.

Polo Magazine. The Chicagoan, Palm Beach Daily News, Polo en la Argentina, Polo Times, Polo Post, Polo Down Under, Pololine, PoloZone, Polo International, PQinternational, etc.

University of Denver, 1964-1966 (Vietnam) 1968-1970.