Pontiac Repair/1997 Pontiac Bonneville SSE Special Edition

Question
Hi, My car starts good after a few minutes driving it starts to jerk like it wants to cut off but when I get to a certain speed it runs fine, I have had the plugs and wires changed, the fuel pump and filter changed the coil packs changed  HELP!!!! whats left? can you tell me whats making it jerk like that?

the engine is a 3800 no supercharge 1997 Pontiac Bonneville SSE Anniversary Edition

Answer
Hi Debi:

A likely cause if it wants to stall and or stalls and misses is a crank shaft position sensor. Very common on that car. BUT usually they will stall when it happens. Another likely cause could be the mass air flow sensor. if the car runs poorly all the time once it warns up try unplugging the MASS air sensor and drive it the check engine light will be on and it will hesitate from a stop but see the the bucking/jerking goes away if it does then that's the culprit. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio