Pontiac Repair/2001 Sunfire

Question
I just replcaed the fuel pump, the car started fine and ran for a bit then died like it ran out of fuel.HELP

Answer
Hi keith:

does it start and run for 2-3 seconds then die? if so when this happens is the security lamp start to flash? if so there is an issue with the pass lock system in the car that is very common on these cars. if the light flashes do this turn off all the accys radio blower motor etc. Start the car let it run untill it dies leave the key in the run position after 10 minutes the security lamp with either stop flashin and then stay on steady or it will stop flashing and then go out or stay on steady for 10 minutes then go out. this will learn the security code from the lock then turn the key off wait 1 minute then try starting it again. if it is indeed a security issue on the restart it should start and keep running. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio