Pontiac Repair/2003 Pontiac vibe instrument cluster lights

I have a 2003 Pontiac vibe and don't like the red lights on the instrument cluster.  I do like how the 2004 vibe cluster is lighted.  Are the 2003 and 2004 vibe instrument clusters interchangeable?  If so, I would just get a 2004 vibe cluster to put into my 2003 vibe and have the lighting I like.  Thanks

Hi Dan:

Good question but I have no Idea. I'm not a parts guy so I can't tell you if they are or not. I can tell you that the mileage is stored in the cluster so switching it out the mileage you have on the car now will go with the cluster. For just that reason in most stated they can not sell intsterment clusters because used car places would just hunt down clusters for cars that have lower mileage and swap them out. The vibe is a low budget car and the cluster is the only think that keeps track of mileage on the newer and more sophisticated cars multiple modules on board keep track of millage so you can swap parts out like that. to answer your question you can just unbolt one and put in the other but will it work I have no idea. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories