Pontiac Repair/2004 Grand Am Misfire

Question
I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am with the 2.2L 4cyl with 109k miles. It is running rough and the check engine light is on and will sometimes blink even when at idle and throws a P300 engine code.  We haven't driven it since this started.  I've put a set of plugs in it, noting that the plug in cyl. 1 was dry, the other three were wet and you could smell fuel on them.  When that didn't solve the problem, we changed the coil packs which has also not solved the problem.

Answer
Hi Jason:

usually on these it's either a coil assembly of the iginition module that attaches to the top of the coil assembly. It could also be some sort of a mechanical issue. with out seeing it I can't telll you for sure but I would say 80% of the time it's wither the coil pack or module you already tried the one part it could be the other. just guessing is expensive but it's a pretty likley cuase.

good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio