Pontiac Repair/2007 g5 gt daytime running lights

Question
We spoke earlier about my issue..   you told me about the relay in the fuse block etc..  what i wondered was i had mentioned that the sensor on the dash isn't really working properly, it takes a very long time to change over to daylight, i had to hold a flashlight to it to get it to shift, i was wondering if the sensor could be the issue where it doesn't tell the running light to come on but turns the headlights off? i realize that isn't an easy thing to replace either as im sure the dash has to be taken apart? it seems to me that the sensor probably needs to be replaced since it didn't turn the light off after driving in sunlight for 25 minutes...
 thanks for your assistance

Answer
You could be on to something there but again without looking at the input to the BCM from the sensor it's just a guess. with a scan tool you can see the light sensor data and also see if the bcm recognizes the light chnage and is commanding the DRL's on or not.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio