Pontiac Repair/96 bonneville won't start

Question
Hi and sorry to bother you once again Todd, I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and that took care of the leaking but now the car still won't start. I thought the battery died but we tried to jump start it and no luck. Could the engine have locked it self?

Answer
will it trun over by hand if you put a socket and ratchet on the bolt for the balancer? If not it hydrolocked. If the pressure regulator was leaking that badly it's possable. That or an upper intake manifold gasket failed and the engine could have filled up with coolant. If that is the case take out all the spark plugs and try to turn the engine over by hand then. If it turns over it's hydrolocked. take the connector of the ignition module and then try to crank the engine with the key to blow out all the liquid. then reconnect the ignition module and then put the plugs back in and try to start it. Clean off the plugs first before you put them back in.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio