Pontiac Repair/Car

Question
My 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE (6 cyl)won't start.  You can hear the fuel pump, but there is nothing from the starter.  No clicking, nothing.  It's like the starter is not getting a connection from the battery.  Any ideas?

Answer
Hi Jeanne:

it can be a few things when you try to crank the car and then leave the key in the run position does the security lamp flash or stay on? depending on the year the factory theft system will disable starting. if that is the case leve the key in the run position for 10 minutes the lamp will stay on stead or flash depending on the year again. after 10 minutes it should go out. turn the key off wait 1 minute and try again. If there is not a security issue then you neex to check for power at the puprple "crank" signal at the starter solenoid if it has power when the car is cranking it's a bad starter. if not then you need to back pedal from there to see where you loosing the "crank" signal either a bad starter relay or a bad neutral safter switch on the tranmission etc... good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio