Pontiac Repair/EBCM replacement

Question
so i have a 2008 pontiac g6 with the 3.5. i had issues with trac control light coming on and service traction on evic coming up. brake lights would come on all the time except when actually braking. used a tech 2. has checksum error codes in ebcm. also bpps would not calibrate. replaced brake sensor. no help. would not hold a calibration. kept getting checksum errors. replaced ebcm. dealer said programming required. so i used the tech 2. programmed the bpps and now all but one code are gone. a new code. c0558- unknown code with tech 2 and there is no service info. is there a differenet type of programming that needs to be done that im missing. did i get a bad ebcm? anything helps

Answer
Hi Matt:

a few things here the ebcm need to be programmed VIA Gm's web site to get the proper calibartion for the EBCM. I think your just doing a "set up" which is the final step. You need the programming done first. as for the brake light issue I bet you have an issue called fretting of eletrical terminals. it's a build up of corrosion on the terminals and it effect the ckts where they connect at the BCM. unplug BCM connector x2 it's labled J2 on the bcm take the connector off and apply dieletric grease to the terminals and then reconnect the connector to the BCM work the plug in and out a couple of times before you finally seat it into the BCM then recalibrate the BPPS. Good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio