Pontiac Repair/HVAC Fan stuck in high

Hey Todd, just today I was driving my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 3800 series, and my HVAC blower came on high. It won't let me adjust the speed, it will let me adjust the the temperature, and also when I turn off the car it still remains on. Tried pulling fuzes, but nothing seems to shut it off. For now I just disconnected my battery.

Hi justin:

It needs a blower motor control module. it's under the right side of the dash under the glove box mounted to the side of the blower motor. Pretty common issu for that car. Only get an OEM part avoid aftermarket parts for this. Any Buick or chevy dealer should have 1 in stock I would think. The only option they need to know is if it has manual or auto HVAC controls (dials or digital display). good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories