Pontiac Repair/Pontiac Aztek - How to replace blown head and intake gaskets?

Question
Pontiac Aztek 2006, 3400SFI

I have a blown Intake Manifold Gasket and Head Gaskets on my Aztek. I want to replace them myself and wanted to ask you:
1) Where can I get detailed instructions to do this repair (ie. bolt torque specs, how to tilt engine, steps, etc.) ?
2) What head gasket set should I get? Are there any improved sets? OEM or Fel-pro?
3) Usually can you get away by just milling the heads or should I spend more money on tests, etc?
4) Any other advice you may have for a guy with medium auto repair skills?
Thanks a lot,
D

Answer
Hi there:

Use Factory parts the gaskets are improved from the originals and they have a complete head gasket kit that has everything but the head bolts in it. the bolts are no reusable. I douby tou will find detailed steps on the net. get a repair manula at a parts store stay away from Haynes look for Chilton or motor repair manual. As for the head not much need to have then leak checked usually if they are bad you can see them chracked in between the valves. They can be milled but Not sure how much can be removed before they are junk. Most Napa prats stores have a machine shop that they can send them to to get machined. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio