Pontiac Repair/pontiac suspension

Question
My daughter has a 2000 pontiac grand am se 2,4...was hit in rt rear..there's suspension damage in rear..rt rear wheel pushed in..damaged knuckle..strut.rear lateral link on other side of car...etc...both wheels crooked...my question is, I noticed by taking 4 bolts out of framework, loosen struts at top,and loosening stabilizer links...the whole thing drops out? don't you think it would make sense just to replace the whole unit? is it that easy?

Answer
Hi John:

yes it drop out tht easily BUt you have to deal with the brakes If it's a 2.4 chance are that it has drum brake in the rear and not disc brakse so you have to deal with the brake lines and then bleed the brakes. BUT chance are if it was hit bad enough to twist the suspention it may hve hurt the unibody as well. So you may get a complete used rear suspension it "may not" bolt right in if the body was twisted as well. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio