Pontiac Repair/abs light

gary wrote at 2012-12-24 01:28:12
I bought a 2000 Montana July 2012, during the test drive I knew it needed a new master cylinder because the brake pedal would slowly floor at a stop.  After replacing the master cylinder and bleeding the brakes my abs & trac lights came on intermittently, then eventually stayed lit.  Bought an actron abs scanner to narrow the problem.  Long story short, it ended up being a bad brake fluid sensor, which I had transferred from the old master because the new one arrived broken.  Cost to fix: less than $10, and about a days worth of disassembly and process of elimination.  The scanner cost about $60, about the same as getting a diagnosis at a dealership.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories