Pontiac Repair/2007 pontiac montana sv6

There is no heat in cab at an idle.  
It does not matter if it is just warming up or you have been driving for 30 min.

Hi Ross:

first off when the van is cold check the coolant level make sure the radiator and the overflow are both full. if they are low you have a leak somewhere like a intake manifold gasket water pump or head gasket. if the system is full then the next thing it could be is a plugged heater core. does this van have the rear heat option? if so is there heat in the back? if there is heat in the back then chances are it's a heater core OR the last thing it could be is a temp door issue turn the hvac blower on hi full vent and then switch the havc from full cold to full hot you should notice a change in the amount of air flowing as the temp door moves if there is no change at all then there is an issue with the temp door and or temp door actuator. good luck!

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories