Pontiac Repair/!996 Pontiac Grand Am

Question
The car was sputtering and would start but turn off right away. Checked the fuel pump to insure it was turning on, it was. I then replaced the fuel filter. It started immediately. Ran just fine. Few hours later now it wont start again. What could it be?

Answer
Hi eric:

well you need to verify spark and fuel. does it start and stall right out? is the security lamp on and or flashing? if so then it has an issue with the factory theft system it shuts off the fuel to the engine. If not it could have a bad fuel pump you need to listen to see if it's running and also what the pressure is what engine is in this 4 or 6 cylinder?  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio